Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun Stuff

So I have had some fabric for a new tree-skirt sitting in my closet for like two years now. Yesterday i finally got it down and put it together. I am fairly pleased with the results and now I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas. I even listened to some Christmas music while I was sewing. (Don't tell Kevin, Christmas music is banned in our house until after Thanksgiving.) I figured if I was working on a holiday project, I could listen to theme appropriate music, right? This is what my skirt turned out like:Front

Back



I also found a cute recipe on the playhouse Disney website the other day for some turkey cupcakes. I decided Jay and I needed to make those today. They are not as cute as the website, but oh well. I am ok with having turkeys that look like they are wearing sunglasses.

10 comments:

The Hunt House said...

So tell Kevin I am now going to call him Scrooge. AHHH. Did you tell him about our Christmas music days in the UNT? Well, I have been thinking about them...I do every year and we listen to it EVERYDAY! SO there. Love the tree skirt. The cupcakes are so fun! We might have to try them. Happy holidays!

Tanya Dow said...

Your turkey's with sunglasses made me laugh! How was the frosting? Your tree skirt turned out good, only do I detect a seem running down the back? :)

Jenn said...

Oh my little Tiff, you never cease to amaze me. Your tree skirt turned out really good and those turkey cupcakes look good enough to eat!!

Melissa said...

I'd be more than fairly pleased with it! Looks fantastic!
Cute cupcakes.

RaeAnn said...

ok, i'm just gonna throw this out there. what if you come and live with us free of charge, and I get to eat all of your creations free of charge? do we have a deal?

Holwege Family said...

Kristi and I agree with Kevin. We have the same rule. No Christmas music until Christmas Eve. Ok, maybe beginning of December.

MegEddins said...

Darling tree skirt. I love snowmen! Way to go on finishing a "closet" project.

Sue Redington said...

Your tree skirt is awesome. I love it. You are getting close to delivering right? When is your due date? Have you thought of a name?

AND by the way...I already have my christmas tree up...LOL We love Christmas in our house!!

The Newton's said...

I really like your tree skirt! I am thinking about making one. Is it hard? I made your donuts a while back. Did I tell you? They were SO much work, but they turned out delicious! I have been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks now. Sometimes I even make Austin listen to it. I am not ashamed.

Jeremy and RaeAnn said...

You are so crafty. Where do you find the time to do it all? Have a great turkey day. -Rae