Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I feel so bad for these guys-they get decapitated every year :(
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I've only had a real one once, and it didn't hold ornaments very well.
3. When do you put up the tree? A couple days after Thanksgiving.
4. When take down? New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? NO WAY!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?A "Courtney" Barbie doll. My sister asked for it, but I got it instead, I was pretty happy.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, he buys everything he wants anyway. It doesn't leave much for the rest of us to get him.
9. Easiest person to buy for? my kids, anything cars or sports and we are in business.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?Is there such a thing as a bad gift?
11. Mail or Email Christmas card? Mail, not that I am so good at sending them.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas- you can't beat Bing Crosby.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August or September. Whenever I see a good deal.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies-the soft kind,not crunchy. And only if I'm not the one who made them. Things just taste better if you don't put all the work into it.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Sleigh Ride-sung by the Disney characters.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Iwish we could stay home and see family, but we travel, Christams isn't Christmas without family.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Who can't?!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or star?Star
21. Open presents Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning? Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? WAL-MART, WAL-MART, WAL-MART
Tag you're it: Jenn, Karla, Rachel, Melissa, Heather
Monday, December 10, 2007
We were waiting for the game to start, when Kevin said-"Hey,look on the big screen, there's that kid from Gresham." So I looked up and there was Troy Treanor-cousin to some of you friends out there. It seemed like something to get a picture of, so we hunted him down.(Actually he was only down the row a short way from us, when we looked over he was waving frantically at us.) I guess it goes to show you never know who you'll run into.
This is how close we were to the game-I wasn't even using zoom.
Kevin and I enjoying the game
Aunt Kristi bought the boys these antlers while we were there. They light up and are apparently one of the coolest things ever. Thanks Aunt Kristi!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Ty and Jay with Santa(sorry you can't see their faces)
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Brandon and Tyler showing off their matching BYU attire
And I just had to put on a picture of Jay-It's only fair.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Really,can you beat the sun setting over the mountains? O.K., so the beach might top it,but this in definately the next best thing.
This is just really random-cows crossing the rivers wherever they want. It just seemed so funny to me that I had to take a picture.
Fall here is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I should have taken pictures when the leaves were changing colors-they are so bright! But I think I like the leaves off of the trees better.
The old yellow monster-I will say that it matched our cupboards nicely.
The new dishwasher-now our cupboards and counter tops look REALLY old and bad,but hey-one thing at a time right?
Kevin,who is not much of a handyman,(it's o.k. to say that,because he knows it) had someone from church come and help install the new dishwasher. How hard could it be,right? Well, apparently it can be pretty difficult. The people who lived here before us replaced the kitchen floor,and instead of laying new vinyl over the existing flooring,they just built a new floor. The only problem was that they built the floor around the dishwasher, so it was pretty stuck. There was no room to pull it out,so they had to saw the legs off and pull it out. Which meant they had to saw the legs off the new dishwasher just to be able to fit it back into the slot. What a mess-a 45 min job turned into 4 hours. However, I no longer have to listen to a "ka-klunk" sound,my dishes are sparkly clean,and my new dishwasher is "oh,so quiet".
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Jay kept taking his off, and putting it on the pumpkins. And yes-I do still have jack-o-lanterns on my porch.
Ty was so proud of his,he even wore it over to the school and told everyone about how he made his "idiot" hat.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Tyler loved the Pumpkin patch
Kevin's first trip to a pumpkin patch
I don't think Jay knew why we were there