Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Green McQueen

So we decided that we needed to be a two car family now. Actually, we wanted a car that gets better gas mileage than our trailblazer. So we are now the proud owners of a 1994 geo prizm. It's really old, but in surprisingly excellent shape. It gets 40 miles to the gallon-yippy! and cost us less than 2,000 dollars. Hopefully it will save us some gas money since we have to drive at least 20 minutes everytime we go to the grocery store. The only down fall is that it is a stick shift, and I don't kow how to drive one. Kevin has been teaching me though, and I am doing quite well, if I do say so myself. Tyler thinks the car is cool. He thinks it is a green lightning McQueen. I guess since it is way smaller than the trailblazer? Who knows? It's not a race car, that's for sure. But as long as he feels awesome driving in it, what else matters?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's funny how kids pay attention to cars. Hannah still talks about our old cars!
How nice to have 2 cars!!! I can't wait til we can be a 2 car fam again. Putting gas in these big rigs is crazy. I'm just glad that everything is just down the street in this small town. It'll be harder to get by when we move!

Jenn said...

Hey Tiff, I bet it's nice to have another car and I can't believe you don't know how to drive a stick??? Didn't you ever drive the CRX???