Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ice Fishing

So, as most of you may know, Kevin's favorite past time is fishing. On Saturday, I decided I would amuse him a little and we would all go ice fishing. (Actually, I had seen one of the fish he caught last week, and I wanted one too.) It was actually a pretty nice day. There was no wind, it was fairly warm(22 degrees), and the boys were pretty well behaved. Except for Jay, who kept screeming "NO!!!!!!!!!" everytime he would see one of the dead fish laying on the ground. He wouldn't even sit on my lap if a fish was in eyeshot. We finally had to hide the gross fish under the sled. That worked well, until he decided he wanted to play with the sled, and he ended up falling on top of the fish instead. We just laughed at him. I think my poor child may need therapy when he's a little older. Anyhow, we all caught fish. Mine was pretty small, definately not picture worthy. Tyler got two, and Kevin got one. We only kept Kev's. His was the biggest, and since Tyler is the only one who likes to eat fish too much, we only needed to take one home. Family bonding-can you beat it?
Tyler on the ice-notice the concentration

Dad and Jay


Tyler and his "monster" fish. If you ask him, it was six lbs! I think somebody has been teaching him fishing "truths" a little early.

The catch of the day. The one he had last week was quite a bit bigger than that.

3 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

You are a nice mom to go out and sit in all that snow!!!!!

The Newton's said...

That looks like so much fun! But weren't you freaked out about the ice breaking? I am sure it is thick, but I think that thought would always be in the back of my mind if I were in the middle of a lake.

The Hunt House said...

I'll take you Disneyland if you take me fishing. I miss you. I will work on uglier faces for you...in the meantime, come see me! We want to come up that way possibly in the summer. MIss you.
Karla