Thursday, October 9, 2008

Gearing up for Halloween

This is what we did for family night on Monday:


This is the spooky tree that we got to decorate with "scary" monster ornaments. Scary acording to Jay anyway. If you look on the very bottom of the picture you can kind of see part of a spider ring that is hooked to our "spider web". Jay thinks this is real, he will not look at it, will not touch it. He had quite the fit when I put it on to show him it was a toy and a ring. He thought it was going to bite my face and he grabbed it and tossed it to the floor. Apparently plastic spiders are dangerouse now too.

These are the spiders that we made. We even gave them all their own faces. Jay however is terrified of them and he thinks they are going to bite him, so he won't go anywhere near them. I have tried to explain that they are pretend,(and made out of paper) but he won't have any of it. so cross paper spiders off of your list of safe Halloween decor. Between the window spiders, and the plastic spiders on the piano, Jay won't hardly go in the living room nowadays. At least it will stay clean.



These are the tasty donuts I made for dessert. Can someone give me a shout-out for being so domestic please? All I can say is Y-U-M-M-Y! (Oh, and maybe a LITTLE BIT fattening.)

5 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

Here's your shout-out you domestic babe! Your donuts look AMAZING! I feel amost inspired to make them before halloween so I can practice. Only problem is that I will have to eat them - ugh.

Josh and Leslie said...

Those look delish! Can you post the recipe for those of us who want to try those babies out??? Congrats on baby #3...

Holwege Family said...

Way to go domestic one. Those look so good, I agree put the recipe up.

Jenn said...

I wold like the recipe too!! I saw those and immediately had the biggest craving for doughnuts!!! I had to laugh at your comment on my xanga site... I have freaky toes too... but for different reasons then yours:)

RaeAnn said...

http://www.sitemeter.com/ It is really easy to set up and interesting to see who is on and what not. That post was freaking hilarious AND I am requesting that donut recipe too!