Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jay's Birthday ( A little early)

We celebrated Jay's birthday a few days early this year. His real birthday is not until Monday, but we are going to be on vacation. So we decided to celebrate a few days early and give him some time to play with his new stuff before we leave. All he wanted for his birthday was a spongebob cake, a Mack truck (from CARS), and some monster trucks. Pretty easy kid to please. Grandma Ruth took care of the Mack truck so we took care of everything else. We also got him a new bike, which he loves, and a new spiderman robe. We kept it low key and just had our little family to celebrate. Sometimes that is more fun anyway. We love our Jay-man and can't believe he is three already. He says the funniest things all the time and is getting to be so independent. What a great little man!!

His awesome cake. Seriously-can you believe I MADE this?! Can you tell I am SUPER PROUD of myself?!

Oh my goodness! I love everything!!!

Playing with his new Mack truck

Trying the new bike on for size

I'm three!!! HOORAY!!

9 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

Your cake is super awesome..even Garrett said so!

Tricia Swift said...

wow I am very impressed with your cake SKILLS!

Melissa said...

COOL CAKE! Must have been from all those practice cakes we made for the Elders. What was with us? :)
Did I ever tell you I ran into Elder Anderson at a dance in Pocatello? Kind of awkward, I think he thought I liked him.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday to Jay... can't believe that little guy is 3!!! Great job on the cake too! And congrats to Tyler for graduating Kindergarten. I can't believe you will have a first grader either.

The Petersen's said...

Great CAKE!! I'm glad Jay liked his toys...what is on his bike? is it a "Cars" bike?

Holwege Family said...

Wow, you did a great job on the cake. They grow up too fast.

Alyson Dow said...

that is cute. tell him aly says happy birthday. miss you! be sure to check your wii message board a couple days back. u have something.

Helms Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loralee and the gang... said...

Fun birthday! And it was nice seeng you in Bonners. Why didn't we get to visit more?
:~D