Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween-Why does it have to come once a year?

Some of you may know that I am not a huge fan of Halloween. I actually enjoy sitting at home and handing out candy,but the dressing up,having my kids change their minds about their costume every week,and trick-or-treating in 20 degree weather I could do without. However,since I try to be a good mom,I go along with the whole shabang every year. Tyler decideed way back in August that he was going to be Superman for Halloween. So I went out and got him his costume in like September. Two days before Halloween he was throwing a fit that he had to be a Ninja Turtle-thank you Saturday Morning cartoons. He didn't win the fight though,he was still Superman. Once we got to the carnival at the school and all the high school bays were telling him how cool he was, he seemed to be better. Jay on the other hand could care less what he is for Halloween, so he got a hand-me-down costume from my sister. He was a tiger, and was actually pretty happy about it. Since we live in a really small town, we only had to go to like eight houses to trick-or -treat. They give you so much candy at once that your bag is full in like 15 minutes-it's great. I also tried making doughnuts for the first time this Halloween. My good friend Karla's mom always made doughnuts on Halloween, and for some reason I can't celebrate halloween without them-thanks Gaye! Usually I just buy them,but this year I went all out. My boys loved them!! I should have taken some pictures-oh well. Kevin says I have to make them often now-we'll see.

3 comments:

The Hunt House said...

Tif,
Hi, I'm at Karla's enjoying my latest (#18) grandchild and she hooked me up with your blog. I was crying before I read the part about your donuts so you can guess what I did after reading your sweet(literally) remarks about me. Good job all around. Your boys are adorable!! I'm totally with you on the Halloween thing. I especially hated when they let them dress up for school. Ugh! I made donuts 4 times this fall. I came to Karla's early September and knew we'd be too busy this visit so I made them for them then.. I'm Young Women's Pres. so I made them for the joint activity and had the whole group at our new house. Fun! THen I made them for FHE for Doug's and Mandy's family before Halloween and then I went to Sam's on my was to Cal and made them for them on Halloween. I'm pretty donuted(sp?) out. I need to go see your mom next time I go to Gresham. We never have any time. We're going in 2 weeks for a youth temple trip and staying in our old ward homes. Might see Tonya. Well better go change a diaper or something. Great to see you doing so well.
love, grandma gaye

The Hunt House said...

Tiff,
Hey girl! So fun to see your blog. It made me miss you sooooo much. I can't believe how adorable your kids are. So cute! Somehow we have to get together before our children are grown and gone ha ha. Sure love you and hope you have a great week. Keep in touch.
Love,
Karla

Melissa said...

That's so funny cause I was just thinking about Gaye's donuts this year too! YUM- I have never to this day had a better donut than the ones she makes! I need the recipe- cause I think I need to start that tradition here too!