Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Boise Weekend

We went to Boise last weekend for a quick trip. My parents and brother were going to be there for a wedding, so we went over and met them for a fun weekend. It went fast, but was a lot of fun. We went miniature golfing, did some shopping, went for a walk around a pond that was full of ducks and geese, went swimming, and just hung out in the hotel. Two of my neices also drove over with my parents, so it was fun to have some cousins to play with as well. Alexis mini golfing. However, she gave up after the third hole because there was a giant Tiki Man at the 18th hole that would shoot fire and make a loud noise if the person got a hole-in-one. She was a little terrified of the thing and spent the rest of the time crying on grandma's shoulder.

Ty mini golfing. Sorry it's sideways, i forgot to change it and now i can't get it to delete.
Alyson golfing. She actually got a hole-in-one on this putt.
Me and my mama enjoying the beautiful Boise day
Jay chillin' with dad



Tyler, Alexis and Alyson on our walk. They thought this tree was a good place to pose for a picture.


The kids watched "Monster House" one night. Alexis had never seen it before, so this is Tyler trying to comfort her during the "scary" parts.



On the way home, we decided to stop and see Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls. It was a beautiful place and also a great place for the boys to get some of their wiggles out.

Shoshone Falls


On a side note, we got a call from my Grandma while we were in Boise saying that my Grandpa had passed away. And although he had been sick for a long time, and certainly had fought a good fight, I will still miss him alot. He was such a great grandpa, fun to be around, always had a good story to tell, and always a big part of my life. I will miss seeing him sitting in his recliner eating peanuts and watching the news, miss the smell of coffee in the mornings when we would stay the night at his house, and miss calling grandpa whenever I had something exciting going on in my life. I love my grandpa and will always have a special place in my heart only for him.

7 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

I'm glad everyone had fun in Boise!
Your picture of Shoshone falls is really pretty with the rainbow. Thanks for sharing your memories of Gramps.

The Hunt House said...

I died at the picture of Tyler hugging Alexis. That was adorable. Looks like you guys had a blast.
So sorry about your Grandpa. It is odd to get older and watch others pass on. What a comfort to know you'll see him again. Love you.

MegEddins said...

Wow, what a gorgeous picture of the falls! Sorry to hear about your grandpa, hope all is well.

RaeAnn said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. No matter the situation it is never easy...Guess I will forgive you for not hanging out with us while you were in our stomping ground :)

Holwege Family said...

Hey cuz. Looks like you guys had fun at our old stomping ground. We sure miss putt putt at that course. It looks like you all had fun. Hope all is well for your family and sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Holwege Family said...

Hey cuz...Do me a favor, shoot me an email so we can get your email address that way. We have a link to our email on our blogspot profile. Talk with you later.

Jenn said...

Hey Tiff, glad you had fun with your fam. We've done that a few times, meet in Boise and go to that water park, that way no one has to drive a whole freaking day. Cute pictures of you fam, cannot believe Tanya's girls... they're so big and quite the contrast... bright red and dark brown hiar??? Very cute.