Friday, September 12, 2008

Under the Knife

My little Jay man had his surgery today. We were told by our doctor that it was a simple routine short 20 minute surgery. So I was prepared for like maybe two hours at the hospital between getting him prepped and the actual surgery. Not so my friends. I guess I don't really know how everything works at the hospital, but I was there for 5 hours. Holy toledo. I didn't figure in the post-op, and the getting his blood pressure checked every 15 minutes and then making sure he urinated before he went home. Who knew that getting tubes in and adenoids out was such a time consuming thing? He was a champ though. They let him keep the mask that was used for his anesthetic because apparently he thought it was awesome. I only had my phone with me though, so I have no pictures on my camera to post. They did give him some medicine before his surgery that made him a little woozy and goofy. He was laughing at nothing, at one of the last things he did was turn to look at me and he says " what's up, my nizzle?" Thanks to Uncle Keith for teaching him that phrase. Anyway, he is recovering well, and as soon as he stops vomiting we will be back in business.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad that's all over for both you and the little guy. What a stud!! I wished you could have had some clip of him acting all goofy. Hope he stops vomiting soon... no fun. Glad it's over and everything's going well...

Amy Kae said...

you're brave....
I'm not as brave as you at all!
I didn't sleep or eat for a week when Atlas had to be re-circumsized. Literally, I was a wreck!