Monday, December 1, 2008

Birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Decorating

It's been awhile since my last post. We have had a lot going on since then. Kevin turned the big 31, we went to Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving and decorated our house for Christmas. Needless to say, I am tired and don't want to leave my house again until this baby comes. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Kevin turned 31 on November 25th. We had a small birthday party at home with just us and the boys, and it was a pretty relaxing night. He got a new sweatshirt, a new jacket and a chest pack for fishing. I think he was fairly pleased, but I think he liked his cherry cheesecake the best.Next came Thanksgiving. we spent the weekend in Idaho Falls with Kev's family. His sister Kim just bought a house there and she had plenty of room for everybody. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of good food. This is the only picture I have from the weekend. Kev's sister Kim gave him these "daddy and me" aprons for his birthday. So Tyler and him sported them while they made some sushi. We also braved the crowds for the day-after-Thanksgiving sales. It was early, and it was tiring, and it was crowded, but we made it. I spent a ton of money on socks at Fred Meyer and finished up what little shopping I had left, so I suppose it was a productive morning. We'll see if it is something I do again next year. (5 am is VERY early.) I will say how proud I am of Kevin. I showed him something I wanted in one of the ads, and he went (at 5 a.m.) and waited in line for an hour for my present. I think he had to hit the busiest store of the morning. But he was a trooper, and got the last one that was in stock. Thanks Kev!
This picture is from Thanksgiving, too. Tyler put on grandpa's glasses and we thought he looked like "Ralphie" from the movie "A Christmas Story". What does anyone else think?Yesterday we put up our Christmas decorations. My camera batteries were dead, so this picture is actually from today. The boys love having the house decorated, and Jay can't keep his hands off of the ornaments and candy canes. Hopefully everything stays intact until Christmas. Now we are just waiting for the baby to come. Only two 1/2 weeks to go! We can't wait, thankfully all of our Christmas preparations are done, so now all we have to do is sit and wait and enjoy the Holidays.

5 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

Yes, yes, yes - I totally think he looks like Ralphie!! When we watched A Christmas Story the other day I commented that Ty looks a little like Ralphie.

RaeAnn said...

If your food tastes as good as it looks, your family is luc-ky. Good luck on all of the upcoming craziness!

The Newton's said...

I have a couple of things I need to cover... First, we always pick the same background. Funny. I love the elf post-too cute. I had no idea your baby was due so soon. How exciting! How do you get everyone's blogs to show when they posted last? I can't figure it out!

Melissa said...

The 25th was my Dad's birthday too. I am super impressed that you decorated the house being that pregnant. I most likely would have skipped it or majorly skimped.
Take a big rest!!!!

PS- Yes, he looks like Ralphie. Cute!

Jenn said...

Ok, first off... laughing Out loud about Tyler in the glasses... TOTALLY. Way funny you thought of that, I don't know why, maybe because that movie is a classic. Happy Birthday Kevin and love the apron and especially the hat. Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving. Will you be in Gresham for Christmas??? We will!! Love you guys!