Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Presidents Day Weekend

Who doesn't love a Holiday weekend? We had a lot of fun this past weekend. We got to go to Rexburg for a wedding on Friday. One of Kevin's old College roommates was getting hitched. They got married in the brand new Rexburg Temple, so it was awesome getting to go inside and see it. It was gorgeouse!I couldn't believe how TALL it was!


On Saturday, Kevin and I went on our Valentines date. We went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse,(yummy! One of my favorites) then we went and saw the movie "Definately,Maybe". It was pretty good, not my favorite, but entertaining. Poor Kevin, he was one of only three guys in the theater-what a great sport!! After the movie we picked the kids up from Kevin's cousin, who was watching them, and we all got dessert at Wingers, It was great!! I sure love cheesecake, and Ty was in heaven with the chocolate cake. I sould have gotten a picture.

Sunday night Kev's cousin Sara, and her family came to stay the night. Kev's brother Todd and his family came to stay the night as well, so we had a house full. Luckily we have a couple extra bedrooms, so everyone fit quite nicely.

The kids watched a movie in the family room, while the rest of us played cards upstairs. They actually stayed downstairs the whole time-what an accomplishment.


On Monday morning, the guys all got up and went ice fishing. Apparently it wasn't so good, they only caught one fish between all of them, too bad. After that we all went sledding for a while. It was great fun. Only two minor crashes, and no one got hurt, thank goodness. It was a great weekend-Thanks for coming everybody!!

The Jay-man chillin' out


Caleb and Tyler on the hill


My cute nephew Brian


We have some friends that have a mini snowmachine that they let Ty ride around on yesterday, he thought he was pretty hot stuff on it.



6 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

You sure packed a lot into the weekend!! Looks like you had fun.

Josh and Leslie said...

Man I love Wingers...I can't wait for Spring Break when I can gorge myself with popcorn, chicken wings, Dr. Pepper and they're famous ice cream....my mouth is watering...cute kids Tiff. I can't believe you have a child old enough to ride a snowmobile by himself!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I would have loved to see you guys!!! Next time you're in the area give me a call. (I'm sure you were busy with the wedding and stuff.) Miss ya!

Derrick and Rachel said...

I am so jealous that you got to go the the Rexburg Temple! I bet it was just amazing. I love the picture you captured, it's great! Looks like your weather hasn't changed much - atleast you could have fun in it this weekend!

jennstew said...

I'm just now checking out your site and saw your last post... I recognize a few of those faces you're pulling... teaching your kids young huh? Man that's a lot of snow, we got a lot but not even half of that. I will have to say, if it's going to snow, let it snow.

jennstew said...

oh yeah, I'm with Leslie, Wingers IS the BEST!!!